PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) —A body discovered near the shore of a beach in Fort De Soto Park has been identified at 57-year-old Dyrle Burkett of St. Petersburg.
Burkett was found around 11:17 am on Wednesday near the far end of the east beach of Fort De Soto Park, in the water near the shore.
He was pronounced dead at the scene, and investigators say he died of unnatural causes.
Burkett was reported to have made earlier statements about harming himself, according to detectives.
An investigation into his death is ongoing.
No further information has been released at this time.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- FHP names persons of interest in Pasco hit-and-run caught on video
- Police: Drunk driving suspect had lizard in bra
- Thieves now using Bluetooth devices at gas pumps to steal your data
- Deputies: Sarasota man barged into classroom to discuss ‘evil’ corruption
- WATCH: Driver caught on camera hitting child, driving away in Holiday
- Visitors meet April the giraffe and baby in person
- Police officer suffers fentanyl overdose from drug call