MIAMI (AP) — A former Secret Service officer at the White House got a 20-year prison sentence after pleading guilty to sexting with teenage girls.
Thirty-eight-year-old Lee Robert Moore of Church Hill, Maryland, learned his fate Wednesday from a federal judge in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Prosecutors say Moore maintained a profile on a social media site called “Meet24.” Delaware State Police detectives posed there as a 14-year-old girl. Investigators found Moore also communicated inappropriately with real underage girls in Florida, Texas and Missouri.
The married former U.S. Marine was assigned to the White House when he was arrested in 2015. He pleaded guilty to enticing a minor to engage in sexual activity and attempting to send obscene material to a minor.
His wife asked for leniency, citing their two children.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Driver of Pasco hit-and-run crash now in custody
- Wildfires causing smokey conditions all over Bay area
- VIDEO: Body cam footage captures intense stand-off between Pasco deputies, knife-wielding man
- Speed Busters: Auburndale dad worried about speeders near daughter’s school
- Parts of Highway 60 shut down in Polk County
- Man fights child neglect charge for drinking at Disney World
- Florida house squatter answers door naked, wrestles with deputies