LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) – Crews continue to clean up after a brush fire in Lakeland Wednesday night.
Officials said the fire is 100 percent contained and is estimated to have burned
The Lakeland Fire Department confirmed east and west bound lanes of George Jenkins Boulevard overpass between Sloan Avenue and Kathleen Road will remain closed for approximately six to eight hours overnight while crews continue to work to complete contain the fire.
The Lakeland Police Department is assisting with traffic control.
LFD will have three units and crews on scene to assist the Florida Forest Service as crews work through the night to control the scene.
FFS will be conducting small, controlled burns in the area to assist the fire in burning out. Residents and motorists should not be alarmed.
Motorists should avoid the area entirely due to road closures. Train traffic through the area has been delayed.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- FHP names persons of interest in Pasco hit-and-run caught on video
- Police: Drunk driving suspect had lizard in bra
- Thieves now using Bluetooth devices at gas pumps to steal your data
- Deputies: Sarasota man barged into classroom to discuss ‘evil’ corruption
- WATCH: Driver caught on camera hitting child, driving away in Holiday
- Visitors meet April the giraffe and baby in person
- Police officer suffers fentanyl overdose from drug call