PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — An intense stand-off between Pasco deputies and a bloody, knife-wielding man was caught on body cam footage on Thursday.
The Pasco County Sheriff’s Office responded to a domestic disturbance in Land O’ Lakes where they say Miles Sety had attacked his family, smashed several car windows, lacerated himself and caused thousands of dollars worth of damage.
Investigators believe he was on narcotics at the time of the incident.
He was arraigned on Tuesday and the judge set his bail at $24,500. As of Thursday morning, he remains at the Pasco County Jail.
Officials said Sety fled the scene was located by cops shortly after the rampage behind a privacy fence in a nearby community.
Deputies climbed over the fence and approached Sety with weapons drawn, but he was not deterred.
Sety refused several orders to drop his knife and continued taunting onlookers.
Deputies deployed tasers, but the tasers were not effective, possibly due to Sety being high on narcotics, deputies say.
Sety was eventually arrested and now faces the following charges:
- Aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer
- Battery on a law enforcement officer
- Felony criminal mischief
- Domestic battery
- Resisting arrest with violence
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Deputies: Sarasota man barged into classroom to discuss ‘evil’ corruption
- WATCH: Driver caught on camera hitting child, driving away in Holiday
- 1 dead, 2 others injured in drive-by shooting in Sebring
- Deputies: Burglar busts into Hungry Howie’s, chokes Pasco K9
- Visitors meet April the giraffe and baby in person
- Police officer suffers fentanyl overdose from drug call