WASHINGTON (AP) — Russian President Vladimir Putin has dismissed the ongoing scandal around President Donald Trump sharing classified intelligence with Russian officials as “political schizophrenia.”
Trump came under fire earlier this week after it was revealed that he shared the sensitive intelligence with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and Russian ambassador to the U.S. Sergei Kislyak.
Speaking at a joint news conference with the visiting Italian prime minister on Wednesday, Putin said he had “no other explanation” as to why Trump came under attack other than “political schizophrenia.” Putin even suggested that Russia share the records of last week’s talks between Trump and Lavrov with the U.S. Congress, if the White House approved.
Putin joked that that he would reprimand Lavrov because “he hasn’t shared those secrets with us.”
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Lakeland family homeless after house fire
- Looking for a boost: Death of South Carolina teen highlights caffeine dangers
- Deputies: Sarasota man barged into classroom to discuss ‘evil’ corruption
- WATCH: Driver caught on camera hitting child, driving away in Holiday
- Florida officer charged with smuggling guns to Dominican Republic
- Visitors meet April the giraffe and baby in person