BOSTWICK, Fla. (WFLA/NBC News) — Rescue crews say a Putnam County man is in critical condition after he was bitten in the face by a rattlesnake.
Rescue crews were called to Bostwick Tuesday afternoon after the man was bitten in the tongue by an eastern diamondback.
The victim’s friend said it happened when the man was holding the snake and went to kiss it. The friend said the man was drinking a little bit at the time.
The man, who appeared to be in his 20s, was airlifted to a hospital nearby.
The eastern diamondback is the largest venomous snake in North America.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- FHP names persons of interest in Pasco hit-and-run caught on video
- Thieves now using Bluetooth devices at gas pumps to steal your data
- Police: Drunk driving suspect had lizard in bra
- Lakeland family homeless after house fire
- Looking for a boost: Death of South Carolina teen highlights caffeine dangers
- Deputies: Sarasota man barged into classroom to discuss ‘evil’ corruption
- Visitors meet April the giraffe and baby in person