HARPURSVILLE, N.Y. (WFLA/NBC News) — Last month, millions of people all over the world watched April the giraffe give birth live over the internet to her baby, Tajiri. On Monday, about a thousand people showed up to meet the giraffe family in person.
Animal Adventure Park in New York opened for the season Monday morning.
Those who visited got the very first close-up look at baby Tajiri and his parents, April and Oliver.
According to the park’s owner, people from New Hampshire, Vermont and even from overseas made the trip for the park’s opening.
Animal Adventure Park has been open for five years.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Deputies: Burglar busts into Hungry Howie’s, chokes Pasco K9
- President Trump defends sharing information with Russia
- Deputies: Marion Co. man raped 8-year-old, said her ‘actions suggested consent’
- Man who fell off Tampa Convention Center dock dies at hospital
- Police: Mom hits son who didn’t give her Mother’s Day card
- Katy Perry coming to Amalie Arena in Tampa
- Police officer suffers fentanyl overdose from drug call