CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – Clearwater Public Utilities Department crews are working to fix a 16-inch water main break on the westbound curb lane of Drew Street.
The break is between US 19 and McMullen Booth Road, 150 yards west of Fairwood Avenue.
The westbound lane is closed for approximately 200 feet adjacent to the water main break.
Police are on scene to help children to walking walk past the break site on their way home from Eisenhower Elementary School.
Crews will issue a precautionary boil water notice if the water main must be temporarily shut down.
Traffic in the area will be impacted during the repair.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Deputies: Sarasota man barged into classroom to discuss ‘evil’ corruption
- WATCH: Driver caught on camera hitting child, driving away in Holiday
- 1 dead, 2 others injured in drive-by shooting in Sebring
- Deputies: Burglar busts into Hungry Howie’s, chokes Pasco K9
- Visitors meet April the giraffe and baby in person
- Police officer suffers fentanyl overdose from drug call