LAKE WALES, Fla. (WFLA) – A portion of State Route 60 East in Lake Wales has reopened after a traffic accident involving four vehicles.
The Polk County Sheriff’s Office said the accident happened around noon on Monday, on SR 60 East, near CR 630, near Indian Lake Estates.
A blue 2009 Volvo tractor-trailer, a Kia and a white 2005 tractor-trailer were traveling westbound on SR 60, when the blue semi began breaking to slow down.
The car also began to slow to a stop.
The white tractor-trailer, traveling behind the car, locked up its brakes, rear-ending the car and forcing it off the road and into a drainage ditch.
The white tractor-trailer veered into the eastbound lane and jack-knifed, where it was struck by a Jeep.
The driver of the blue Volvo tractor-trailer, Sergey Zhuklevich, 53, of North Port, was not injured.
The driver of the Kia, Shannon Reid, 22, of Vero Beach, suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the white tractor-trailer, Gil Ramirez-Cabrera, 52, of Tampa, suffered minor injuries.
The driver of the Jeep, Antoinette Marren, 71, of Lutz, suffered serious injuries and was airlifted to Osceola Regional Medical Center. She remains in critical, but stable condition.
All drivers were wearing seat belts at the time of the crash.
The investigation is ongoing.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Log truck flips, shuts down I-75 north in Pasco County
- Deputies: Burglar busts into Hungry Howie’s, chokes Pasco K9
- Police: Mom hits son who didn’t give her Mother’s Day card
- Lakeland firefighters rescue dog with head stuck in car part
- Police officer suffers fentanyl overdose from drug call
- Family says JetBlue kicked them off plane over carry-on birthday cake
- St. Pete police release identity of man killed in 3-car crash
- Katy Perry coming to Amalie Arena in Tampa