BRADENTON, Fla. (WFLA) — A missing woman who is in need of medication has been found safe.
Manatee County sheriff’s deputies were contacted Saturday by family members of 75-year-old Sandra Lee Nash saying they couldn’t find her.
Early Sunday morning, she was located by police in the City of Jupiter.
Nash is diabetic and suffers from dementia. She was in need of medications, and family says she has been easily confused recently due to the onset of dementia.
Nash was last seen around 6 a.m. on Saturday leaving the Best Western Plus motel on 67th Street Circle east in Bradenton. Deputies say she was staying there while work was being done on her home.
Investigators say as she was leaving Saturday morning, she asked Best Western employees if she could get to the airport via a nearby highway. Family members say she was supposed to pick someone up at the airport, but they aren’t due in town until Tuesday.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Crews battling 3,200-acre wildfire in North Port
- Family searching for heirloom lost during skydive in Plant City
- 2 die when SUV crashes into stopped cars on US-19
- Undercover agents find registered church to be sex club
- VIDEO: Man smashed car window in heated road rage incident on I-4 in Tampa
- Heavy rain prompts street flooding in Spring Hill