POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — UPDATE | The silver alert for a missing Winter Haven woman has been canceled.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office says 88-year-old Barbara Jones, who was reported missing on Saturday, was found safe and sound, driving in Haines City.
No further details were provided.
ORIGINAL STORY | The Polk County Sheriff’s Office has issued a silver alert for an 88-year-old Winter Haven woman.
Deputies say Barbara Jones left her home on Robin Lane around 1:50 Saturday afternoon to go to the Hard Rock Casino in Tampa to get her glasses she left there. Jones was driving her brown 1997 Dodge Stratus with Florida tag HG21XH.
Jones is diabetic and uses a walker. She also suffers from a heart condition and has a pacemaker.
If you see Barbara Jones or her Dodge Stratus, you’re asked to call (863) 298-6200.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Teenagers among 5 injured in shooting at Avon Park
- Search continues for missing Riverview boy, 13
- Family searching for heirloom lost during skydive in Plant City
- Man arrested for smashing car window in heated road rage incident on I-4 in Tampa
- 14-year-old becomes youngest graduate from Texas Christian University