TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Florida Highway Patrol officers have arrested a man for smashing a car window to bits during a heated road rage incident on I-4 that was caught on video.
Troopers found 26-year-old Eric Joseph Starowicz at his home on Old Benton Drive in Apollo Beach around 8:45 Sunday morning.
The Florida Highway Patrol said he was driving a blue Jeep that was trailing another driver’s van as it slowed to merge into another lane. He decided to pass the other vehicle and slam on the brakes. The van was unable to stop in time and rear-ended the Jeep.
After the collision, police say Starowicz got out of his Jeep, approached the other vehicle and shattered the driver’s window using an unidentified object.
He is seen on video telling the driver he should kill him right then and there, but he didn’t and quickly fled the scene, going westbound on the interstate.
Starowicz was arrested for burglary of a conveyance, driving with a suspended license and leaving the scene of a crash.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Undercover agents find registered church to be sex club
- Arizona police: Woman switched flour for formula
- Man accused of sending strippers to neighbors’ home 75 times
- 2 die when SUV crashes into stopped cars on US-19
- Report: Disease caused by eating raw fish, like sushi, on the rise
- Former ‘Sons of Guns’ star Will Hayden sentenced to life, plus 40 years in prison for raping preteen girls