(KRON) — There’s a new warning for sushi and seafood eaters this weekend.
A report published Friday says a disease caused by raw fish is on the rise.
Experts say the disease is found in certain types of fish that have been contaminated by a parasite.
The types of fish that can be affected are salmon, herring, cod, mackerel, halibut, red snapper, and some squid.
Doctors say the disease can be cured if it is treated quickly.
CNN contributed to this report.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Target 8: Court testimony not included in sexually charged Hillsborough teacher texts investigation
- Man admits to duping women into sex for porn ‘rehearsals’
- Better Call Behnken: Dover potential homebuyer shocked when dilapidated cemetery found on property
- Manatee mother angry after daughter’s anxiety attack shared on Snapchat
- Man seriously injured in Brandon Mall jewelry store crime speaks out
- Former ‘Sons of Guns’ star Will Hayden sentenced to life, plus 40 years in prison for raping preteen girls
- A behind-the-scenes look at Animal Kingdom’s ‘Pandora: The World of Avatar’