RIVERVIEW, Fla. (WFLA) — UPDATE | The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office says 13-year-old Alex Baumgarten, who was reported missing on Saturday has been found safe with his dog, a dachshund mix.
According to the sheriff’s office, a homeowner on Fairlawn Drive saw the teen walking through a yard, recognized him from his picture on the news and decided to contact authorities.
Investigators will be questioning the teen about any circumstances that may have led to his disappearance.
No further details were provided.
This is a developing situation. Stay on WFLA.com for more updates.
ORIGINAL STORY | Hillsborough authorities are asking for the public’s help in finding a missing Riverview teen who disappeared late Saturday afternoon.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office says Alex Baumgarten, 13, was last seen leaving his residence with his dachshund mix at 4 pm following an argument with his parents.
According to deputies, Baumgarten is diagnosed with depression and is on medication.
The teen is 5’3″ tall and weighs approximately 140 pounds.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts has been asked to contact the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office at 813-247-8200.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Undercover agents find registered church to be sex club
- Manatee mother angry after daughter’s anxiety attack shared on Snapchat
- Man admits to duping women into sex for porn ‘rehearsals’
- Report: Disease caused by eating raw fish, like sushi, on the rise
- Man calls 911 in Florida to ask to be deported
- Former ‘Sons of Guns’ star Will Hayden sentenced to life, plus 40 years in prison for raping preteen girls