PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) —A fast-growing brush fire temporarily shut down parts of the Suncoast Parkway on Saturday.
For several hours, the parkway was closed between SR 54 and SR 52. Those lanes were reopened by 6:15 pm Saturday evening.
The Florida Forest Service says the 20-25-acre wildfire located near the East Bike Trail in Pasco is now 80 percent contained after the area received an inch of rain and fire activity died down.
No other information, including the cause of the fire, has been released at this time.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Target 8: Court testimony not included in sexually charged Hillsborough teacher texts investigation
- Man admits to duping women into sex for porn ‘rehearsals’
- Better Call Behnken: Dover potential homebuyer shocked when dilapidated cemetery found on property
- Manatee mother angry after daughter’s anxiety attack shared on Snapchat
- Man seriously injured in Brandon Mall jewelry store crime speaks out
- Former ‘Sons of Guns’ star Will Hayden sentenced to life, plus 40 years in prison for raping preteen girls
- A behind-the-scenes look at Animal Kingdom’s ‘Pandora: The World of Avatar’