TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Blue Cross Blue Shield will soon offer free rides to customers that don’t have a reliable way to get to a doctor.
The company announced free Lyft rides will be available for plan holders who live in “transportation deserts” and lack transportation.
To start off, the program will only be available to patients who have a Blue Cross Blue Shield plan through their employer. That could eventually be expanded.
The program is expected to roll out nationwide in August or September.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Target 8: Court testimony not included in sexually charged Hillsborough teacher texts investigation
- Man admits to duping women into sex for porn ‘rehearsals’
- Better Call Behnken: Dover potential homebuyer shocked when dilapidated cemetery found on property
- Manatee mother angry after daughter’s anxiety attack shared on Snapchat
- Man seriously injured in Brandon Mall jewelry store crime speaks out
- Former ‘Sons of Guns’ star Will Hayden sentenced to life, plus 40 years in prison for raping preteen girls
- A behind-the-scenes look at Animal Kingdom’s ‘Pandora: The World of Avatar’