(WFLA) — You can map out your family tree, solve ancient mysteries, even predict your future, but did you know your DNA can also tell you what to eat?
There’s a new trend in feeling better and slimming down—all by knowing what your body really needs and wants.
“The results basically showed me every diet I’ve done for the last ten years has been wrong,” said busy mom Mary Ann Cucuzza.
Cucuzza always stuck to a high-fat, low-carb diet, because it’s been the fad for women for years.
After taking the Pathway Genomics DNA test, Cucuzza realized exactly what she should be eating.
“Lean proteins, healthy fats, and complex carbohydrates. I never thought I could eat that amount of carbs and still lose weight,” said Cucuzza.
Tampa’s Age Management Optimal Health and Wellness Center offers the test kits to patients and helps them stick to the diet.
“Here’s your meal plan. You don’t have to guess or lean on trial and error, with your weight loss plan and this, you’ve got it covered,” said Caitlin Jones of Optimal Health.
The foods you can eat are just part of the extensive results patients receive. They can also find out what exercise regime works best for their body, what supplements they truly need, even prescription drugs that should be avoided.
For Mary Ann Cucuzza, after a week of following the DNA results, she already is noticing a difference.
“I have more energy, my skin seems to better, I’m maintaining my weight. So far so good, but I wouldn’t imagine anything else, because again it’s my DNA. It’s customized to me, so how could it be wrong?” she laughed.
Pathway Genomics testing can only be ordered by a physician (or ARNP/PA) and it is only available at select physician offices throughout the Tampa Bay area. A $99 cost is available for clinically eligible insurance patients who apply and qualify for the Pathway Genomics financial assistance program.
Here are the offices that offer the testing-
- Age Management Optimal Wellness Center located at 2111 W. Swann Avenue Suite 103 in Tampa, (813) 774-3504
- Synergistiq Health located at 3165 N. McMullen Booth Road Suite D-2 in Clearwater, (727) 754-2936
- Balanced Rejuvenation Integrative Medical Center located at 6029 Dr. MLK Jr. Street N. in St. Petersburg, (727) 522-1972
- KR Medical located at 2325 Ulmerton Road Suite 11 in Clearwater, (727) 572-8016
- Lakeland Family Medical located at 930 Marcum Road Suite 5 in Lakeland, (863) 940-4886
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Hillsborough teacher targeted by co-workers’ salacious texts
- Body of homicide victim found at old Skyview Golf Course in Lakeland
- Pasco teenager facing charges after terrorizing 9-year-old, pretending to be anime character
- Former ‘Sons of Guns’ star Will Hayden sentenced to life, plus 40 years in prison for raping preteen girls
- Ohio woman sentenced for sex acts with dog