LARGO, Fla. (WFLA) – Police have identified two people who died when an SUV crashed into their stopped vehicles on US-19.
The crash happened around 10 pm on Friday night.
The Largo Police Department says Debbie Savanpanyadeth, 45, and Somsack Khamvongsa, 46 were parked in the emergency lane and standing outside of their vehicles when they were struck by a Ford Expedition that veered into their lane and hit one of their vehicles.
Savanpanyadeth and Khamvongsa sustained fatal injuries and were transported to a nearby hospital where they were later pronounced dead.
The driver of the SUV, Cesar Gonzalez-Calderon was also taken to the hospital to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
A GoFundMe campaign was set up in Savanpanyadeth’s memory to help assist family members with funeral costs. It says she leaves behind three children.
An investigation into the crash is ongoing.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Hillsborough teacher targeted by co-workers’ salacious texts
- Boy, 4, fatally hit by van after wandering from Orange County motel room
- Teen killed, ex-boyfriend takes his own life in front of deputies, officials say
- Former ‘Sons of Guns’ star Will Hayden sentenced to life, plus 40 years in prison for raping preteen girls
- Ohio woman sentenced for sex acts with dog