PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — The Pasco County Sheriff’s Office has responded to a recent rash of threats on area schools.
The sheriff’s office says over the past five days, threats were reported at three different schools—John Long Middle School, R.B. Stewart Middle School and Ridgewood High School.
Deputies were first alerted to threats at John Long Middle School, and arrested two teens who reportedly tried to recruit students to “shoot up the school.” And another teen was arrested at Ridegwood High School for threatening to shoot up the school on social media.
Authorities are also investigating unsubstantiated rumors being circulated on social media alleging “two students” were planning violence against R.B. Stewart Middle School in Zephyrhills. The students were identified and are being interviewed, but have not been charged. An investigation into the rumors is ongoing.
As a precaution, there will be an increased law enforcement present on the school’s campus today.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Hillsborough teacher targeted by co-workers’ salacious texts
- Body of homicide victim found at old Skyview Golf Course in Lakeland
- FHP: Pasco mother crashed SUV driving drunk, good Samaritan tried to stop her
- 11-year-old escapes after kidnapping, rape; search for attacker underway in Orange Co.
- Road rage incident in Clearwater ends with Walmart parking lot brawl
- Research shows Tequila could help with bone health