OLDSMAR, Fla. (WFLA) – Pinellas deputies arrested two suspects for stealing baby boa constrictors and tortoises on Wednesday.
According to deputies, a man and woman entered the Herp Hobby Shop on Douglas Avenue. The man distracted the owner while the woman stole two 12-inch Aztec boa constrictor snakes and two albino tortoises from the store.
The exotic reptiles were valued at approximately $900.
Deputies were able to identify the suspects as Jeremy Lawson, 19, and Nicole Odierno, 18, of New Port Richey. Both turned themselves in to deputies.
The boa constrictors were returned to the store. The tortoises have not been recovered.
Lawson and Odierno were both arrested and charged with one count of grand theft. They were taken to the Pinellas County Jail without incident.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Hillsborough teacher targeted by co-workers’ salacious texts
- Body of homicide victim found at old Skyview Golf Course in Lakeland
- Pasco teenager facing charges after terrorizing 9-year-old, pretending to be anime character
- Former ‘Sons of Guns’ star Will Hayden sentenced to life, plus 40 years in prison for raping preteen girls
- Ohio woman sentenced for sex acts with dog