BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (WFLA) – Hernando County Fire Rescue responded to a structure fire that sparked a brush fire Thursday afternoon.
The fire occurred at 14450 Landfill Road in Brooksville.
Crews discovered the fire quickly spread into adjoining brush and quickly began spreading into the woods.
HCFR provided structure prevention to an additional mobile home and extinguished a fire, possibly caused by embers, in a detached garage across the street.
Florida Forest Service has the fire contained to four to five acres and it is 90 percent contained.
The Bureau of Fire and Arson Investigations will investigate the cause.
There are no reported injuries to the public or responders.
HCFR stresses the importance to the community of the burn ban still in effect.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- How Florida fares for working moms
- FHP: Pasco mother crashed SUV driving drunk, good Samaritan tried to stop her
- Pasco sheriff in contact with person of interest in attempted abduction of 9-year-old girl
- Cases of norovirus confirmed at Lowry Elementary
- Florida woman dropped, dragged into pool by teens having loud pool party
- You Paid For It: $73 million for Hillsborough foster care not enough to cure violence