VENICE, Fla. (WFLA) – Venice Police discovered a large alligator in the back of a home early Wednesday morning.
Police responded to the home on Otter Creek Drive for reported noises. They encountered a nine-foot gator.
Venice Municipal Government said on their Facebook page that the gator “seemed nice” but, “he wasn’t in the right area for a midnight stroll.”
Officers were assisted by FWC’s Nuisance Alligator Trappers, who helped apprehend the gator and return him to “his neck of the woods.”
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Police ID father and daughter found inside van that drove into water in Venice
- Sheriff’s office receives over 100 calls from Seminole Middle School this year, parents upset
- Officer named in Tarpon Springs shooting death, but questions remain
- Florida woman dropped, dragged into pool by teens having loud pool party
- Scott declares opioid epidemic a public health emergency, state braces for ‘gray death’
- Trump fires FBI Director James Comey
- You Paid For It: $73 million for Hillsborough foster care not enough to cure violence