ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A two-year-old boy was killed in Orlando after a car started by his 12-year-old sister ran him over.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the vehicle was parked in the driveway of a Trafalgar Drive home.
The two-year-old was standing in the driveway when his sister started the vehicle, as the family was going to be leaving the home.
FHP said how the car shifted into reverse remains under investigation.
The vehicle traveled down the driveway and ran over the two-year-old.
He was transported to Nemours, then to Osceola Regional Hospital, where he died.
The crash remains under investigation.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Police ID father and daughter found inside van that drove into water in Venice
- Sheriff’s office receives over 100 calls from Seminole Middle School this year, parents upset
- Officer named in Tarpon Springs shooting death, but questions remain
- Florida woman dropped, dragged into pool by teens having loud pool party
- Scott declares opioid epidemic a public health emergency, state braces for ‘gray death’
- Trump fires FBI Director James Comey
- You Paid For It: $73 million for Hillsborough foster care not enough to cure violence