FLATHEAD COUNTY, Montana (NBC) – A hiker missing in Montana for nearly a week has been rescued.
Madeline Connelly, 23, went for a day hike with her dog last Thursday and never returned.
Her vehicle was found by relatives two days later and a search began by ground and air.
She was located Wednesday morning and rescuers lifted her out by helicopter.
Her dog was with her.
There is no word on her condition at this time.
Family members said Connelly stopped in Montana on her way to Alaska, where she has a job managing a bakery.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- USF football player facing new sexual battery, false imprisonment charges
- Sheriff: Florida woman killed blind husband; used moth balls to mask odor
- DeVos booed speaking at historically black university
- Pasco sheriff in contact with person of interest in attempted abduction of 9-year-old girl
- Officer named in Tarpon Springs shooting death, but questions remain
- Florida woman dropped, dragged into pool by teens having loud pool party
- You Paid For It: $73 million for Hillsborough foster care not enough to cure violence