SIESTA KEY, Fla. (WFLA) — The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a drowning death in Siesta Key.
They say a woman drowned near the 7100 block of Point Rocks Circle. It happened on Wednesday at 2 pm.
She was identified on Thursday morning as Aimee Sue Hoover, 44, of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Beachgoers found Hoover floating face down in the water. She was unresponsive.
Lifeguards with Sarasota County Emergency Services tried to revive her, but their attempts were unsuccessful.
Deputies say Hoover was snorkeling with her husband in the Point of Rocks area when she drowned.
The couple was on vacation from Pittsburgh.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Police ID father and daughter found inside van that drove into water in Venice
- Sheriff’s office receives over 100 calls from Seminole Middle School this year, parents upset
- Officer named in Tarpon Springs shooting death, but questions remain
- Florida woman dropped, dragged into pool by teens having loud pool party
- Scott declares opioid epidemic a public health emergency, state braces for ‘gray death’
- Trump fires FBI Director James Comey
- You Paid For It: $73 million for Hillsborough foster care not enough to cure violence