BARTOW, Fla. (WFLA) — Adam Putnam’s campaign for Governor of Florida will officially kick off in his hometown Wednesday morning.
Putnam, Florida’s Agriculture Commissioner, will make the announcement for his Republican bid in his hometown of Bartow during a press conference on the steps of the Old Polk County Courthouse.
Following the announcement, he will attend a “Hometown BBQ” on Main Street, hosted by the Florida Grown Political Committee.
After his campaign kickoff, Putnam will head on a ten-day bus tour through the state of Florida:
- Thursday Putnam hits the road, visiting Dover, Tampa, Clearwater and Sarasota.
- On Friday he’ll be in Naples and Fort Myers.
- On Saturday Putnam will hit Sebring and Okeechobee.
- On Monday Putnam will visit Riviera Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami.
- May 16, he will be in Vero Beach, Merritt Island, and Altamonte Springs.
- May 17, he will be in The Villages and Jacksonville Beach.
- May 18, he will be in Fernandina Beach and Panama City.
- May 19, he’ll be in Pensacola, Destin, and Graceville.
- Putnam will wrap up his bus tour May 20 in O’Brien.
Putnam joins a growing list of candidates, mostly democrats.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Police ID father and daughter found inside van that drove into water in Venice
- Sheriff’s office receives over 100 calls from Seminole Middle School this year, parents upset
- Officer named in Tarpon Springs shooting death, but questions remain
- Florida woman dropped, dragged into pool by teens having loud pool party
- Scott declares opioid epidemic a public health emergency, state braces for ‘gray death’
- Trump fires FBI Director James Comey
- You Paid For It: $73 million for Hillsborough foster care not enough to cure violence