PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — Pasco County school officials changed start and end times for two schools on Tuesday due to smoke from a nearby wildfire.
School times have been changed for River Ridge High School and River Ridge Middle School. Both will start at 10:45 a.m. and let out at 5:10 p.m.
Cypress Elementary will have a normal school day.
Related: How to prepare for a wildfire
Our News Channel 8 crew on the scene says visibility is okay in the area, but a strong smell of smoke still remains.
On Monday, three schools were closed due to smoky conditions from the nearby Starkey Park wildfire. The wildfire started last weekend and has consumed more than 2,275 acres.
Related: Many counties under burn bans
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Fire destroys 8 condos in Brandon
- Publix dip recalled, could contain glass
- 2 victims, van recovered after driving into water in Venice
- New video shows man lying in the street after Tarpon Springs deadly shooting
- Young girl explains escaping Orlando alligator attack
- Polk man kidnapped, carjacked during dating app meetup
- Vulture rescued from inside vehicle in Sarasota County