WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on FBI Director James Comey’s statements on Clinton email investigation (all times local):
The FBI has sent a letter to Congress correcting the record on Director James Comey’s testimony on Huma Abedin, a top aide to Hillary Clinton.
In a letter Tuesday, the FBI says Comey misspoke when he said Abedin had forwarded “hundreds and thousands” of emails to the laptop of her husband, former Rep. Anthony Weiner.
The FBI says only a small number of the emails found on the laptop were a result of forwarding. Most occurred as a backup from other electronic devices.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Young girl explains escaping Orlando alligator attack
- How to cut your expenses by $550 a month
- Pinellas mother, 62, sentenced after 6-year-old beat newborn sister to death
- Polk man kidnapped, carjacked during dating app meetup
- 1 child dies, 6 injured in bouncy castle accident
- Police: Army vet charged in fatal shooting of service dog found dead
- What happens when you use expired medications?