ORLANDO, Fla. (WESH) — A girl was bitten by an alligator Saturday in Orlando, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission confirmed.
The FWC said a dozen people were swimming in shallow water at Lake Mary Jane around 2:30 p.m. when a 10-year-old girl started screaming for help.
One visitor grabbed the child and brought her to shore.
The girl was bitten on her knee and calf by a 9-foot alligator and was taken to a nearby children’s hospital.
The FWC said the alligator has already been trapped and euthanized. The waterfront will be closed for the next week.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Police: Man dead after officer-involved shooting at Tarpon Springs car show
- 9-2 favorite Always Dreaming wins Kentucky Derby in the slop
- Cops: Mother-of-three mauled to death at home by South African Mastiff
- Firefighters battle 200-acre brush fire near I-75 in Hillsborough
- Woman arrested for shooting at teen for attempting to rape dog
- Several Aunt Jemima products recalled over listeria concerns
- Is your house spying on you?
- Riverfest 2017 Schedule of Events