TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — A woman killed in an high-speed crash overnight in Tampa has been identified as Aryelle M. Oxendine, 21.
The incident happened around 2:30 a.m. on Friday.
Oxendine’s Mazda and another car, driven by Fredreanna Hunt, 20 were traveling at high speeds eastbound on Waters Avenue near El Portal Drive. The two cars collided and veered off the road. The other car hit a utility pole. Both Hunt and her passenger sustained non-life threatening injuries.
The Mazda struck various sign posts and a billboard support, then came to rest at the Center of Transformation Church at 1001 West Waters. Oxendine was pronounced dead and her passenger sustained non-life threatening injuries.
As a result of the crash, poles are down cutting the power.
Police believe the drivers and/or passengers knew each other. No charges have been filed.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Judge disqualifies self from player’s case after criticizing USF football coach Charlie Strong
- Hillsborough commissioners concerned by plan to dump human waste near Little Manatee River
- VIDEO: Man in underwear crashes into patrol car, is tased during bizarre encounter in Pasco
- Pilot at controls of Sarasota emergency landing tells how it happened
- Authorities: Drunk,disorderly deputy arrested at daughter’s soccer practice in Polk Co.
- ‘Gray death,’ the drug that looks like concrete, kills in one dose
- 8 dogs saved from possible dog fighting operation in Hernando County