WASHINGTON (AP) — New documents released by a conservative group show two of President Donald Trump’s recent weekend trips cost taxpayers more than $1.2 million.
The documents released Thursday by Judicial Watch are some of the first to put a price tag on Trump’s frequent visits to Mar-a-Lago, his Palm Beach, Florida, club. The numbers reflect only the costs associated with the president’s plane, Air Force One. Not included are expenses for Secret Service protection or support vehicles provided by the Department of Defense.
The documents show that a trip in early February cost about $670,000, and a second trip in March cost about $612,000.
Judicial Watch obtained the documents from the U.S. Air Force under the Freedom of Information Act.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- House GOP votes to gut Obama health care law
- Judge disqualifies self from player’s case after criticizing USF football coach Charlie Strong
- VIDEO: Man in underwear crashes into patrol car, is tased during bizarre encounter in Pasco
- Authorities: Drunk, disorderly deputy arrested at daughter’s soccer practice in Polk Co.
- ‘Gray death,’ the drug that looks like concrete, kills in one dose
- 8 dogs saved from possible dog fighting operation in Hernando County