ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A death investigation is underway in St. Petersburg after a 31-year-old man died under very suspicious circumstances, according to the St. Petersburg Police Department.
James Allen died on Thursday, but we still don’t know how. His body was found on the back porch of a residence at 7726 34th Avenue North.
His girlfriend, Alicia Chamberlain, 30, told police she woke up and found him dead on the porch. She reported severe injuries to her body, but did not know who caused them.
She was transported to Bayfront Health St. Petersburg Hospital with critical, but non-life-threatening injuries and due to her medical condition, she hasn’t been able to give much more information.
Major Crime Unit detectives have obtained a search warrant for the home and are actively working a death investigation. They do not believe this was a random act, and say the public is not in danger.
This is a developing situation. Stay on WFLA.com for more updates on this story.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Judge disqualifies self from player’s case after criticizing USF football coach Charlie Strong
- VIDEO: Man in underwear crashes into patrol car, is tased during bizarre encounter in Pasco
- Pilot at controls of Sarasota emergency landing tells how it happened
- Authorities: Drunk, disorderly deputy arrested at daughter’s soccer practice in Polk Co.
- ‘Gray death,’ the drug that looks like concrete, kills in one dose
- 8 dogs saved from possible dog fighting operation in Hernando County