HOLLYWOOD, CA (AP/WFLA) — It’s a celebration taking place in a galaxy not so far far away.
May the Fourth, as in “May the Fourth Be With You” has become a day to celebrate all things Star Wars.
Retailers like Target, Amazon, and Walmart are all celebrating as well, with Star Wars promotions and deals.
Star Wars’ official website says “May the Fourth” references can be traced to 1979, but the day took off once the Internet started connecting fans.
According to Mashable here are a few facts about Star Wars:
- Chewbacca’s voice is a mix of different animals including a bear, badger, lion and walrus.
- Jabba the Hut was not originally meant to be a slimy slug, but a was supposed to be a fuzzy creature.
- Other than Harrison Ford, Burt Reynolds along with Al Pacino, Jack Nicholson and Christopher Walken were some of the top contenders to portray Han Solo.
- The language the Ewoks speak is a combination of Tibetan and Nepalese.
So May the Fourth be with you today, but remember, tomorrow is the Revenge of the Fifth.
WHAT’S TRENDING ONLINE NOW –
- Adorable sea lion pups released after rehabilitation in California
- Humane Society celebrates 110th birthday with dog-friendly cake
- The latest bizarre beverage: pickle juice soda
- Kids and parents search for fidget spinners, but why?
- VIDEO: Tampa Bay community creates PSA for autism awareness
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.