CITRUS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA)—A man was arrested on DUI charges after he hit a parked car and a patrol car near a Citrus County liquor store and tried to flee, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
Troopers say Mark Gross of Fort Pierce, 66, drove into the parking lot of Beverly Hills Discount Liquors, which is located at 3898 N Lecanto Hwy, and ran into another vehicle, which was unoccupied at the time.
He then walked into the store, “conducted business,” left the store and tried to leave the scene, but he was quickly stopped by a Citrus County deputy.
Gross refused to exit his vehicle, despite the deputy’s commands, and reversed into the patrol car.
Troopers responded to calls for assistance and later took Gross into custody.
He was charged for driving under the influence, leaving the scene of the crash and careless driving.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Judge disqualifies self from player’s case after criticizing USF football coach Charlie Strong
- Hillsborough commissioners concerned by plan to dump human waste near Little Manatee River
- VIDEO: Man in underwear crashes into patrol car, is tased during bizarre encounter in Pasco
- Pilot at controls of Sarasota emergency landing tells how it happened
- Authorities: Drunk, disorderly deputy arrested at daughter’s soccer practice in Polk Co.
- ‘Gray death,’ the drug that looks like concrete, kills in one dose
- 8 dogs saved from possible dog fighting operation in Hernando County