TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Bucs running back, Doug Martin was involved in a car accident on Thursday, according to Tampa police.
Martin was approaching the intersection of Azeele Street and Habana Avenue when a driver of black Kia ran a stop sign and hit the player’s black BMW.
Martin’s car left the intersection and crashed into an air conditioning unit outside of a business.
No serious injuries were reported, but Martin did come away from the accident with minor cuts and bruises.
The driver of the Kia, Jake Balsay was cited for running the stop sign.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers General Manager Jason Licht released the following statement after the incident:
“Doug was the unfortunate victim in an auto accident earlier today after leaving our team facility. While Doug’s vehicle sustained a large amount of damage, we are pleased to report that he received only minor cuts and bruises. He has been evaluated by our medical staff and has headed home.
The National Football league released its 2017 preseason schedule on earlier this month. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will open preseason on the road against the Cincinnati Bengals. The Bucs will play Miami in their first regular season game on Sept. 10.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Judge disqualifies self from player’s case after criticizing USF football coach Charlie Strong
- Hillsborough commissioners concerned by plan to dump human waste near Little Manatee River
- VIDEO: Man in underwear crashes into patrol car, is tased during bizarre encounter in Pasco
- Pilot at controls of Sarasota emergency landing tells how it happened
- Authorities: Drunk, disorderly deputy arrested at daughter’s soccer practice in Polk Co.
- ‘Gray death,’ the drug that looks like concrete, kills in one dose
- 8 dogs saved from possible dog fighting operation in Hernando County