HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Sam Bell, the disabled Marine whose car was hit by a truck, is finally back on the road – in a brand new car.
He gave Bell a brand new Kia Soul, and another company, Mobility Express in New Port Richey, offered to retrofit the car for free so that Bell, a paraplegic, can drive with his hands.
The car was delivered this week and Bell was thrilled to take it for drive.
“Not always is home where you lay your hat,” Bell said. “Sometimes, home is where you lay your keys.”
Bell’s car was hit while parked in his Riverview driveway in November.
The truck driver drove off and then the trucking company and insurance companies refused to step up.
After months of 8 On Your Side questions, an insurance company gave Bell a $700 settlement. He used the money to fix up his 20-year-old car, but Fuccillo wanted Bell to have a new car.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Judge disqualifies self from player’s case after criticizing USF football coach Charlie Strong
- VIDEO: Man in underwear crashes into patrol car, is tased during bizarre encounter in Pasco
- Pilot at controls of Sarasota emergency landing tells how it happened
- Authorities: Drunk, disorderly deputy arrested at daughter’s soccer practice in Polk Co.
- ‘Gray death,’ the drug that looks like concrete, kills in one dose
- 8 dogs saved from possible dog fighting operation in Hernando County