SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA)—The Sarasota Police Department is urging bicyclists to follow the rules of the road after a camera caught three bicyclists plowing through a red light while other cars were in the intersection.
A camera at University Parkway and US 41 captured the images on April 29.
With a clear red light and cars in the intersection, three bicyclists were seen weaving past cars and speeding through the light.
Police officers say the trio is lucky they weren’t killed—and they’re lucky they weren’t caught, because they could have faced a fine.
Over the past few months, the police department has been cracking down on traffic violators.
A longtime cyclist told 8 On Your Side he’s frustrated by the video because it gives cyclists a bad name.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Woman found passed out in car with screaming child, drugs, in Palm Harbor
- VIDEO: Man in underwear crashes into patrol car, is tased during bizarre encounter in Pasco
- ‘Gray death,’ the drug that looks like concrete, kills in one dose
- Real Life Miracle: Polk college student almost burned alive
- Florida K-9 found dead in cruiser parked outside courthouse
- Meet Tajiri! Zoo announces name of April the giraffe’s baby