HOLLY HILL, Fla. (WESH) — Officials at a school in Holly Hill are reviewing safety and security procedures after a student found a loaded gun in a campus restroom Wednesday.
The gun was found in a restroom at United Brethren in Christ Academy.
The student did not touch the gun and immediately reported it to school officials who called Holly Hill police.
The school sent a text alert to parents advising them of the incident.
“It was learned that the gun was accidentally left in the restroom by one of our security personnel,” the school said in the alert.
Holly Hill police said the gun belonged to Charles Mills, 72, who is a volunteer at the school. He has been charged with carrying a concealed firearm on a school campus, police said.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- VIDEO: Man in underwear crashes into patrol car, is tased during bizarre encounter in Pasco
- Drunken driving suspect gives her name as Hillary Clinton
- Pilot at controls of Sarasota emergency landing tells how it happened
- Pet store sale changes up for vote in Tampa
- Authorities: Drunk, disorderly deputy arrested at daughter’s soccer practice in Polk Co.
- ‘Gray death,’ the drug that looks like concrete, kills in one dose
- Woman found passed out in car with drugs in reach of child in Palm Harbor
- 8 dogs saved from possible dog fighting operation in Hernando County