SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – An elementary school was put on lockdown in Sarasota County today after two people drove away from deputies in a stolen car.
Deputies say they tried to pull the two over in the area of Jacaranda Boulevard and Tamiami Trail in Venice, but the two drove away and to the area of Taylor Ranch Elementary School.
The campus was put on lockdown out of caution.
The car was found on the school’s campus and deputies took the two suspects into custody in a neighborhood nearby.
The lockdown was then lifted and parents were notified through an electronic phone message.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- VIDEO: Man in underwear crashes into patrol car, is tased during bizarre encounter in Pasco
- Drunken driving suspect gives her name as Hillary Clinton
- Pilot at controls of Sarasota emergency landing tells how it happened
- Pet store sale changes up for vote in Tampa
- Authorities: Drunk, disorderly deputy arrested at daughter’s soccer practice in Polk Co.
- ‘Gray death,’ the drug that looks like concrete, kills in one dose
- Woman found passed out in car with drugs in reach of child in Palm Harbor
- 8 dogs saved from possible dog fighting operation in Hernando County