SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – All northbound lanes of North Tamiami Trail are now open after a fatal accident.
The accident, involving a vehicle and a pedestrian, happened at the intersection of University Parkway and North Tamiami Trail.
The pedestrian died at the scene. The driver of the vehicle involved was on scene and cooperating with officers.
Northbound traffic on North Tamiami Trail is closed and being rerouted eastbound onto University Parkway. Southbound traffic is open.
The video above was posted by the Sarasota Police Department captioned, “THINGS NOT TO DO.” Police continue to warn drivers and bikers of dangers on the road.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Parents: Detention deputy reeked of alcohol, belligerent at daughter’s Lakeland soccer practice
- Seffner mobile home fire under control
- The Latest: Britain’s Prince Philip will cut his workload
- VIDEO: Man attacks woman at Tampa ATM, runs off with her money
- Authorities: Drunk, disorderly deputy arrested at daughter’s soccer practice in Polk Co.
- ‘Gray death,’ the drug that looks like concrete, kills in one dose