SARASOTA,Fla. (WFLA) – Avery Williams, a suspected bank robber is in custody after deputies say he tried to hide in a Sarasota homeowner’s shed.
The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office responded to a robbery at the Florida Central Credit Union located at 3451 Cattlemen Rd around 2 p.m.
K-9 units sniffed out the suspect’s tracks and noticed he was fleeing northbound to a nearby neighborhood.
That’s when they got a call from a “suspicious person” in the 2800 block of Indianwood Way.
Witnesses say the suspect tried to hide in a shed in the homeowner’s backyard until the homeowner came out and fired warning shots.
The suspect fled the scene and walked across the street.
He approached some men working on a car and told them his car broke down. As they were walking him towards where the car was supposed to be, they heard sirens and realized the suspect was lying. That’s when someone called 911.
The suspect tried to run away, but was quickly tracked down and arrested by deputies.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- VIDEO: Man in underwear crashes into patrol car, is tased during bizarre encounter in Pasco
- Drunken driving suspect gives her name as Hillary Clinton
- Pilot at controls of Sarasota emergency landing tells how it happened
- Pet store sale changes up for vote in Tampa
- Authorities: Drunk, disorderly deputy arrested at daughter’s soccer practice in Polk Co.
- ‘Gray death,’ the drug that looks like concrete, kills in one dose
- Woman found passed out in car with drugs in reach of child in Palm Harbor
- 8 dogs saved from possible dog fighting operation in Hernando County