TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Health officials have issued an advisory for Simmons Beach due to the results of a recent water sample.
The Hillsborough County Health Department says samples taken on Monday were above the threshold for the enterococci bacteria.
The health department said the bacteria should be considered a potential risk for anyone who goes in the water.
The presence of the bacteria indicates fecal pollution, and could cause disease, infections or rashes.
Another sample will be taken next Monday, May 8. The advisory will be lifted when the water sample is back in the satisfactory range.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Pilot at controls of Sarasota emergency landing tells how it happened
- Pet store sale changes up for vote in Tampa
- ‘Gray death,’ the drug that looks like concrete, kills in one dose
- Live Nation kicks off summer concert season with $20 ticket offer
- Better Call Behnken: Customers across state furious after Florida Blue billing issues
- Woman found passed out in car with drugs in reach of child in Palm Harbor
- 8 dogs saved from possible dog fighting operation in Hernando County
- The latest bizarre beverage: pickle juice soda