TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The first cruise from Tampa to Cuba in more than 50 years is set to leave Channelside on Sunday.
Port Tampa Bay and Royal Caribbean International are celebrating with a plaque and key ceremony before the Empress of the Seas sets sail for the first time.
The ship leaves Sunday afternoon for a 7-night cruise to Mexico, Belize and Cuba.
A second cruise is scheduled to leave on May 29.
You can learn more about the Cuba cruise on the Port Tampa Bay website.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Authorities believe 5 killed in Texas tornadoes
- Firefighters: Brush fire in Hernando County 60 percent contained
- VIDEO: Major crash, boat fire snarl traffic on I-75 in Hillsborough
- 1 of 5 children hit by suspected DUI driver in Polk dies from injuries
- WATCH VIDEO: Plane loses wheel, makes emergency landing at Sarasota airport
- Million dollar lawsuit filed against Chip Gaines of ‘Fixer Upper’
- SpaceX cancels Falcon 9 launch