TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Sunday marks the final day of ferry service between Tampa and St. Petersburg.
The ferry started six months ago as a pilot program to let people travel back and forth between St. Pete’s Vinoy Basin and the Tampa Convention Center.
The last ferry from St. Petersburg leaves at 4:30 p.m. Sunday. The final ride out of Tampa is at 6 p.m.
There is no word yet whether the service will restart again.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Authorities believe 5 killed in Texas tornadoes
- Firefighters: Brush fire in Hernando County 60 percent contained
- VIDEO: Major crash, boat fire snarl traffic on I-75 in Hillsborough
- 1 of 5 children hit by suspected DUI driver in Polk dies from injuries
- WATCH VIDEO: Plane loses wheel, makes emergency landing at Sarasota airport
- Million dollar lawsuit filed against Chip Gaines of ‘Fixer Upper’
- SpaceX cancels Falcon 9 launch