RIVERVIEW, Fla. (WFLA) – A Riverview man died in a crash on Big Bend Road on Sunday.
Deputies say Keith L. Thompson, 79, was driving westbound on the road when he crashed with another driver, Robert D. Smith, 41.
It happened in Riverview near the intersection of Lincoln Road.
Deputies say Smith was driving his 2006 Chevrolet HHR and ran into Thompson’s 2001 Infinity G20 when he tried to turn left onto Lincoln.
The front of Thompson’s vehicle collided with the passenger’s side of Smith’s vehicle, and the Chevrolet overturned.
Thompson was taken to St. Joseph’s South Hospital where he later died.
Smith, along with four juvenile passengers between the ages of 9 and 13, were sent to Tampa General Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Stay on WFLA.com for more updates on this developing story.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Austin Hatch, survivor of 2 deadly plane crashes, is engaged
- Officers: Florida woman agreed to swap sex for $25, fast food
- WATCH VIDEO: Plane loses wheel, makes emergency landing at Sarasota airport
- Million dollar lawsuit filed against Chip Gaines of ‘Fixer Upper’
- SpaceX cancels Falcon 9 launch