HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A major crash left two people seriously injured, and caused a major traffic snarl when it shut down part of I-75 in Hillsborough County Saturday morning.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, a Chevy Tahoe was towing a boat trailer on I-75 south when the driver noticed something was wrong with the truck. The driver, 46-year-old Willie James Daniel, pulled over along the inside shoulder and got out to look at the truck.
Troopers say a second car driving by then hit the boat trailer and Daniel. The boat flew forward off the trailer and burst into flames that later spread to the truck. The second car spun into traffic and was hit by a tractor trailer.
Both Daniel and the driver of the second car, 43-year-old Stace Sanders, suffered serious injuries and were taken to Tampa General Hospital.
The crash shut down all lanes of I-75 south near Exit 254 at US 301. The on-ramp was also shut down. The crash has since been cleared.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- 8 Investigates: Are ‘Storefronts for Sex’ thriving along Tampa’s Kennedy Blvd?
- VIDEO: Students at Seminole Middle School arrested after assaults on 2 school employees
- VIDEO: Johnny Depp surprises fans, appears as Jack Sparrow on Disneyland ride
- WATCH: Man removed from flight for using bathroom before takeoff
- Tampa makes Orkin’s ‘Top Bed Bug Cities’ list
- 50 abused gators rescued from central Florida farm
- Florida boy playing with gun shoots, kills sister, 13, on his birthday
- Police: Captive woman found in pit in man’s backyard shed