CITRUS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Florida Highway Patrol officers say two teenagers are dead and a third has serious injuries after a car crash in Citrus County Friday night.
Troopers say 18-year-old Saige Summer Fields was driving north on US-19 near North Champion Point, and making several erratic lane changes, when she lost control of her car.
The car went off the road and hit a roadway sign then a tree, according to the crash report.
One of the passengers in the car, 18-year-old Samantha Justine O’Connor, was pronounced dead at the scene. Fields was taken to Seven Rivers Hospital where she later died.
A second passenger, a 15-year-old boy, is at Shands Hospital with serious injuries.
Troopers say neither passenger was wearing a seatbelt. Investigators are still trying to figure out if alcohol was a factor.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- VIDEO: Major crash, boat fire snarl traffic on I-75 in Hillsborough
- 1 of 5 children hit by suspected DUI driver in Polk dies from injuries
- Polk man bites firefighter’s arm, ripping skin off from elbow to wrist
- WATCH VIDEO: Plane loses wheel, makes emergency landing at Sarasota airport
- Million dollar lawsuit filed against Chip Gaines of ‘Fixer Upper’
- Sarasota deputies search for missing man with dementia
- 8 Investigates: Are ‘Storefronts for Sex’ thriving along Tampa’s Kennedy Blvd?