TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Tampa police have identified a man whose body was found near a sidewalk early Thursday morning.
Officers responded to a 911 call at 12:42 a.m. and found the body of Curtis Eugene Thomas, 39, on the pavement in the area of 23rd St. North and Lake Avenue East.
That’s near Lake Avenue Liquor in East Tampa
He suffered severe trauma to his upper body, police said.
At least four yellow markers were placed near evidence on the ground.
“I head pop, pop, and I heard another shot,” said Willie, a neighbor, who refused to give his last name.
Police are trying to find any witnesses to the murder.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- 5 workers hospitalized after sulfur fire at Port Manatee
- Tampa makes Orkin’s ‘Top Bed Bug Cities’ list
- 50 abused gators rescued from central Florida farm
- Sarasota Co. dance instructor facing new charges for relationship with student
- Florida boy playing with gun shoots, kills sister, 13, on his birthday
- Police: Captive woman found in pit in man’s backyard shed