MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A man who runs an in-home daycare with his wife was arrested and charged with lewd and lascivious molestation.
Melvin Norris, 60, was arrested on Wednesday.
Sheriff Rick Wells reports the incidents occurred over the last three years at Norris’s home. The sheriff’s office confirmed Norris and his wife run a licensed in-home daycare called Norris Family Daycare.
The sheriff’s office said the victim was not in the daycare. The victim’s family is acquainted with Norris and his wife.
The victim is an eight-year-old female.
Anyone with information should contact the MCSO at 941-747-3011 or Crime Stoppers at 866-634-TIPS.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- WATCH: Man removed from flight for using bathroom before takeoff
- 5 workers hospitalized after sulfur fire at Port Manatee
- Tampa makes Orkin’s ‘Top Bed Bug Cities’ list
- 50 abused gators rescued from central Florida farm
- Sarasota Co. dance instructor facing new charges for relationship with student
- Florida boy playing with gun shoots, kills sister, 13, on his birthday
- Police: Captive woman found in pit in man’s backyard shed