TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA/AP) — The newest Tampa Bay Buccaneer made his first visit to One Buc Place on Friday afternoon.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers selected Alabama tight end O.J. Howard with the 19th pick in the NFL draft. The Bucs introduced Howard at One Buc Place the day after the draft. Howard posed for photos with his family and Buccaneer officials.
When the addition of Howard to the team, young quarterback Jameis Winston will have another playmaker for an improved offense.
Winston threw for more than 4,000 yards each of the past two seasons, however the Bucs have struggled to score points.
General manager Jason Licht and coach Dirk Koetter are counting on him to be able to get the ball in the end zone with more regularity after adding Howard, as well as veteran receiver DeSean Jackson in free agency.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers listed the following 5 interesting facts about Howard on the team’s website:
- He turned heads at the NFL Scouting Combine.
- He’s a leader on and off the field.
- His numbers improved every season he was in college.
- He has been the best in the business for a very long time.
- He has been on a different level since high school.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- WATCH: Man removed from flight for using bathroom before takeoff
- 5 workers hospitalized after sulfur fire at Port Manatee
- Tampa makes Orkin’s ‘Top Bed Bug Cities’ list
- 50 abused gators rescued from central Florida farm
- Sarasota Co. dance instructor facing new charges for relationship with student
- Florida boy playing with gun shoots, kills sister, 13, on his birthday
- Police: Captive woman found in pit in man’s backyard shed